The October 2017 School Holiday Programme is out now!
Check out the details of our programme below and sign up either using our online form, by downloading a form or by coming into The Arts Village to pick up a paper copy. All classes are limited to a maximum of 20 students, payment must be received to confirm your child's place. Any questions? Contact Us
ART ADVENTURING: Creative holiday fun for 5-7 year olds.
This is a half day programme which runs from 9am - 12.30pm and costs $15 per child.
Each session encourages creativity in play and is taught by a practicing artist, with a 10:1 supervision ratio. All materials provided, just bring a sun-hat, morning tea, drink bottle & a smile!
- TUESDAY 3 OCTOBER - 3D Structures: Explore using Paint and card to create and construct 3D Sculptures with Tabitha.
- WEDNESDAY 4 OCTOBER - Tin Foil Art: Use string and leaves to create textured foil artwork with Tabitha.
- THURSDAY 5 OCTOBER: - Monsters Monsters Monsters: Create unique monsters using various art and craft techniques with Tabitha.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY FUN: Artist-taught art sessions for 8 to 12 year olds
This is a full day programme which runs from 9am - 3pm and costs $25 per child.
Each session teaches focused art techniques and is taught by a practicing artist, with a 10:1 supervision ratio. All materials provided, just bring a sun-hat, lunch, drink bottle & a smile!
- MONDAY 2 OCTOBER - Abstract Painting: Create artwork inspired by Kaninsky abstract techniques with Tabitha.
- TUESDAY 3 OCTOBER - Artists Portable Explorer Kit: Explore your world and ideas with your own creative tool kit. Join Nicola to make an artists inspiration notebook, storage apron, and special art goggles!
- WEDNESDAY 4 OCTOBER - Dream Catchers: Use wire coat-hangers, lots of colourful wool, feathers, beads and treasures to make Dream Catchers with Lisa.
- THURSDAY 5 OCTOBER - Pop Up Books: Tell your story in a book which you will be proud of. Creativity is guaranteed and Helen will make sure that you enjoy your day!.
- FRIDAY 6 OCTOBER - Tulips Three Ways: Spring is in the air! Colourful tulips and spring activities...fun will flourish and Helen will help!
- MONDAY 9 OCTOBER - Funky Faces: Use paint, collage, and cubism techniques to make creative self portrait with Tabitha.
- TUESDAY 10 OCTOBER - Jewelry and Trinkets: Join Lisa and use air dry clay to create little treasures for your dressing table, then paint them.
- WEDNESDAY 11 OCTOBER - Sculpting with Waxed Cotton: Create little people and animals with waxed cotton material off cuts, and also make beautiful Christmas cards with Lisa!
- THURSDAY 12 OCTOBER - Monstrous Mud Creatures: Who lurks beneath the mud? Create sinister salt dough creatures with Lani and paint them to look as if they just sloshed out of the mud at Sulphur Point.
- FRIDAY 13 OCTOBER - African Mud Cloths: Discover the art of African Mud Cloths, we’ll take a look at what the designs mean and design and paint our own African Mud Masterpieces with Lani