The Arts Village 15th Anniversary Exhibition
Rotorua artists of all mediums are invited to submit original works for inclusion in our upcoming group show “The Arts Village 15th Anniversary Exhibition”.
- All participating artists must guarantee that their submitted works:
- Feature visible links to The Arts Village.
- Does not infringe upon New Zealand copyright laws.
- Is the sole work of the artist entering (unless it is listed as a collaboration, in which case all contributing artists must be named).
- Have not previously been exhibited
- Must reside or work in the Rotorua District at the time of entry.
- May submit a maximum of three works per artist or collaboration.
- Give permission for entered works to be photographed and used for promotional purposes, including online.
- Employees and trustees of the Rotorua Arts Village Trust may enter works into the show but are not eligible to win the special judge’s award.
- The Arts Village reserves the right to refuse any artworks that do not meet the criteria.
- 2D works must be delivered ready to hang, and be no larger than 1000mm by 1000mm (including framing/hanging mechanism).
- 3D works should be able to sit freestanding on a plinth, and be no larger than 300mm by 300mm.
Acceptance of works:
- Acceptance of works will be at the sole discretion of The Arts Village. No correspondence will be entered into their decision will be final.
- All entries must have secure surfaces and may not be wet or otherwise, especially fragile.
- Arts Village staff will install the exhibition and all works must be delivered ready to install with complete hanging mechanisms.
Transport & packing:
- All entries must be delivered in person to The Arts Village, 1240 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua on Friday/Saturday 29th/30th September between 11am and 1pm.
- All unsold work must be collected following the close of the exhibition between 11am and 3pm Tuesday to Saturday, October 31st to November 4th. All works not collected by 3pm on 4th November will become property of The Arts Village.
- Insurance is the sole responsibility of the entrant while the work is in transit, for the duration of the exhibition and until it is collected by the artist or, in the case of sold works, the purchaser. All reasonable care will be taken in the handling of all entries, but no liability for loss or damage will be accepted by The Arts Village, Rotorua Arts Village Trust, its representatives, personnel, and/or volunteers.
- The price of all works offered for sale must include commission of 25% which will be retained by Rotorua Arts Village Trust.
Selection & Winning Entry
- A minimum of approximately 30 works will be chosen to form the exhibition.
- All works selected for the exhibition must remain in the exhibition for the duration from 6th October – 28th October 2017 (inclusive).
- One entry will be selected to win a An exhibition package with The Arts Village
- The winning entry will be announced at the exhibition opening on Friday 6th October 2017.
- The competition winner will be determined by a special Guest Judge.
- The judge’s decision will be final and discussion on this will not be entered into.